Acceptable Usage Policy
This Acceptable Usage Policy covers the security and use of KVRNetwork Hosting services. This policy applies to all users of KVRNetwork Hosting services
This policy applies to all information, in whatever form, relating to KVRNetwork Hosting’s business activities worldwide, and to all information handled by KVRNetwork Hosting relating to other organisations with whom it deals. It also covers all IT and information communications facilities operated by KVRNetwork Hosting or on its behalf. Computer Access Control – Individual’s Responsibility Access to the KVRNetwork Hosting IT systems is controlled by the use of User IDs, passwords and/or tokens. All User IDs and passwords are to be uniquely assigned to named individuals and consequently, individuals are accountable for all actions on the KVRNetwork Hosting IT systems.
Individuals must not:
- Allow anyone else to use their user ID/token and password on any KVRNetwork Hosting IT system.
- Leave their user accounts logged in at an unattended and unlocked computer.
- Use someone else’s user ID and password to access KVRNetwork Hosting IT systems.
- Leave their password unprotected (for example writing it down).
- Perform any unauthorised changes to KVRNetwork Hosting IT systems or information.
- Attempt to access data that they are not authorised to use or access.
- Exceed the limits of their authorisation or specific business need to interrogate the system or data.
- Connect any non-KVRNetwork Hosting authorised device to the KVRNetwork Hosting network or IT systems.
- Store KVRNetwork Hosting data on any non-authorised KVRNetwork Hosting equipment.
- Give or transfer KVRNetwork Hosting data or software to any person or organisation.
outside KVRNetwork Hosting without the authority of KVRNetwork Hosting. Line managers must ensure that individuals are given clear direction on the extent and limits of their authority regarding IT systems and data. Internet and email Conditions of Use of KVRNetwork Hosting internet and email is intended for business use. Personal use is permitted where such use does not affect the individual’s business performance, is not detrimental to KVRNetwork Hosting in any way, not in breach of any term and condition of employment and does not place the individual or KVRNetwork Hosting in breach of statutory or other legal obligations. All individuals are accountable for their actions on the internet and email systems.
Individuals must not:
- Use the internet or email for the purposes of harassment or abuse.
- Use profanity, obscenities, or derogatory remarks in communications.
- Access, download, send or receive any data (including images), which KVRNetwork Hosting considers offensive in any way, including sexually explicit, discriminatory, defamatory or libellously.
- Use the email systems in a way that could affect its reliability or effectiveness, for example distributing chain letters or spam.
- Send unprotected sensitive or confidential information externally through KVRNetwork Hosting services.
- Make official commitments through the internet or email on behalf of KVRNetwork Hosting unless authorised to do so.
- KVRNetwork Hosting and its services are not held responsible for any copyrighted material downloaded through its services. Users of KVRNetwork Hosting take all responsibility
- In any way infringe any copyright, database rights, trademarks or other intellectual property.
- Personal or confidential business information must be protected using security features provided for example KVRNetwork Hosting Dedicated firewalls.
Care should be taken with the use of mobile devices such as laptops, mobile phones, smartphones and tablets. They must be protected at least by a password or a PIN and, where available, encryption. Mobile Storage Devices Mobile devices such as memory sticks, CDs, DVDs and removable hard drives must be used only in situations when network connectivity is unavailable or there is no other secure method of transferring data. Only KVRNetwork Hosting authorised mobile storage devices with encryption enabled must be used, when transferring sensitive or confidential data. Software Employees must use only software that is authorised by KVRNetwork Hosting on KVRNetwork Hosting computers. Authorised software must be used in accordance with the software supplier’s licensing agreements. All software on KVRNetwork Hosting computers must be approved and installed by the KVRNetwork Hosting IT department. Individuals must not: • Store personal files such as music, video, photographs or games on KVRNetwork Hosting IT equipment. Viruses The IT department has implemented centralised, automated virus detection and virus software updates within the KVRNetwork Hosting. All PCs have antivirus software installed to detect and remove any virus automatically.
Individuals must not:
- Remove or disable anti-virus software.
- Attempt to remove virus-infected files or clean up an infection, other than by the use of approved KVRNetwork Hosting anti-virus software and procedures. Telephony (Voice) Equipment Conditions of Use Use of KVRNetwork Hosting voice equipment is intended for business use. Individuals must not use KVRNetwork Hosting voice facilities for sending or receiving private communications on personal matters, except in exceptional circumstances. All non-urgent personal communications should be made at an individual’s own expense using alternative means of communications Individuals must not:
- Use KVRNetwork Hosting voice for conducting private business.
- Make hoax or threatening calls to internal or external destinations.
Accept reverse charge calls from domestic or International operators, unless it is for business use. Actions upon Termination of Contract All KVRNetwork Hosting equipment and data, for example laptops and mobile devices including telephones, smartphones, USB memory devices and CDs/DVDs, must be returned to KVRNetwork Hosting at termination of contract. All KVRNetwork Hosting data or intellectual property developed or gained during the period of employment remains the property of KVRNetwork Hosting and must not be retained beyond termination or reused for any other purpose. Monitoring and Filtering All data that is created and stored on KVRNetwork Hosting computers is the property of KVRNetwork Hosting and there is no official provision for individual data privacy, however wherever possible KVRNetwork Hosting will avoid opening personal emails. IT system logging will take place where appropriate, and investigations will be commenced where reasonable suspicion exists of a breach of this or any other policy. KVRNetwork Hosting has the right (under certain conditions) to monitor activity on its systems, including internet and email use, to ensure systems security and effective operation, and to protect against misuse. Any monitoring will be carried out in accordance with audited, controlled internal processes, the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 and the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.
This policy must be read in conjunction with:
- Computer Misuse Act 1990
- Data Protection Act 1998